Monday, August 24, 2009

First day.

This will be a short post because I will not be able to stay awake for much longer.

Molecular/Cellular Principles of Medicine: Easy peasy lemon squeasy. Structure of DNA, RNA, and their roles in central dogma. Nothing I haven't seen a thousand times before.

Anatomy: Intro to spinal cord. Rather more difficult than MCP. I learned as much as I could on my own last night and so lecture was more review than anything else, but I'm nervous that I haven't looked at the material enough, or that I'm not going into enough detail in terms of surrounding structures, etc.

Anatomy Lab: Introductions, safety videos, demo on prosected specimens. My dissection group has 3 guys, 2 girls, and our cadaver is a 101-year old female (seriously!). We didn't do any dissecting today, which was okay because I was getting tired anyway. Tomorrow we perform a laminectomy to study the spinal cord and spinal nerves. I'm sure the guys will monopolize the bone saw, but that's fine with me...I'd rather not inhale bone dust.

Evening: Gym for an hour, quick dinner, then reviewing today's lectures and attempting to absorb as much of tomorrow's material as possible (autonomic nervous system - all new material to me, since I didn't take physio in undergrad). Brain feels like a pile of mushy spaghetti. Seriously looking forward to the weekend.

Sigh. Med school is HARD. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment