Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Triumphant return!

...Or something. Med school starts soon, so I thought I'd put it a pre-first day post, if you will, before I'm too swamped with work to remember that in a former lifetime I blogged frequently.

I move to campus two weeks from today and classes begin the following Monday. It's still far enough in the future that it seems removed from reality, but all the same I'm experiencing that familiar mix of anxiety and excitement which accompanies most major life changes. I've ordered my books and my stethoscope and come close to paying my tuition bill, though if I wait much longer on the latter I'm going to end up incurring late fees, so I expect to have that taken care of in the very near future.

Things are probably going to move quickly for the next 14 days. I'm trying to enjoy my last few moments of freedom by being exceptionally lazy (except for forcing myself to go to the gym daily so as not to gain an obscene amount of weight from a combination of slothfulness and overindulgence in delicious-though-very-calorie-dense desserts).

Anyway, there isn't much else to say other than reassure everyone that I haven't fallen off the face of the planet and that I will attempt to update this thing every so often in the coming school year, as my study schedule permits. Peace out for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment